Friday, February 12, 2010

I'M HAVING AN ART SHOW!!!!

It's so exciting to be able to say that i am going to be having my very own art show! and the cool part is that i'm not just saying it!

This will be my second show... the first one was a joint show with other students from BYU-I about a year and a little bit ago. This time it's going to be all me... ( I may ask some one else to join me cause there seems to be a lot of space but we'll see!)

Every 1st Friday of the month, Old Town Pocatello hosts an Art Walk. Artists display their work in local businesses; the businesses get publicity and the artists get to show off their work. There's usually finger foods and you can buy the art or just appreciate it. It's a win-win situation.

Well, one of my bishopric members works at one of the aforementioned business and he is sometimes in charge of getting artists for the show. SOOOO... about a week ago he asked if i would be able to set up a display for the April Art Walk!

So I get to display my very own work in the Art Walk!

For those of you who are close enough to come...

The art walk is the 1st Friday in April (that is April 2, 2010) and it usually starts around 5pm and runs till about 8 or so.

For those of you who are not...

I will be posting the digital files of the prints I'll be hanging and you can enjoy the art show from afar! The post will be able to be viewed on the same day as the Art Walk so don't forget to check it out!

I hope to see you there!

2 comments:

Jess said...

YAY!! Congratulations!! I can't wait to see your work!

Xamilia Alston said...

i might have to do some traveling because id love to see what influence ive had on your craft i know its going to be amazing because you are !




Mrs Dawnita